This is my third edition of the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. To get the full details, click here.
I can’t believe Christmas is over and we’re already into the third weekend of January. That’s crazy. Time certainly does fly.
I didn’t get much time to stitch on Friday because I had a late personal training session. I did get some time to sit down and stitch on Saturday and Sunday and managed to get a big chunk of Bluebell’s wing done.
Here’s what I accomplished:
As you can see, her wings, are stitched with Kreinik threads. Not overly enjoyable to do, but well worth the outcome. I decided to double up on the purple Kreinik threads b/c I didn’t think the single thread was “popping” enough.
I will be frogging the bottom portion of both her legs. I will be removing the lighter skin colour and restitching what I remove to the same colour as the upper portion of her leg. I don’t like the shading change. It’s too severe.
As a side note, I’m really enjoying stitching her up. I think I’m make great progress given some of my time constraints.