Bluebell SAL Progress No. 3

It’s time for a Bluebell SAL update.  I haven’t had the opportunity over the last couple of days to work on it as much as I would have liked, but I have made great progress with the time I did have.

Since update no. 2, I have stitched her upper body, both arms, most of the wings, and the top flower portion.  I have also started to unpick the lighter portion of her legs/feet.  I think the skin transition is too severe, so I’ve decided to make her one colour.  To avoid having to unpick the upper body, arms, and feet, I opted to continue with the darker skin shade.

For the wings, I doubled up on the purple Kreinik, because I didn’t think a single thread popped enough.  This is the first time I have ever changed anything on a chart and so far, I’m happy with the results.

I’m missing one of the colours of Kreinik for the wings.  I did request that it be ordered with my LNS.  I’m hoping they included it in their order, and I hope I don’t have to wait too long for it.  I suspect I’ll be finishing Bluebell this weekend minus the Kreinik I’m waiting for.

I also ordered Waterlily as I’ve decided to make that my next project.  I’m holding off on the framing for Bluebell.  I’d like to submit her the same time as Waterlily.  I’ve got big plans for a specific wall in my house.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be framing all my pixie fairies in a white or antique white frame.  Matting will be pretty simple as well.

Here’s my progress:

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Bluebell SAL Progress No. 3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s