Tigerlily by Nora Corbett (Mirabilia)
I’ve finished the third pixie of the five that I want to complete. As with Bluebell and Water Lily, I really enjoyed stitching this project.
I did have a tiny slow down while stitching the bottom portion of the dress, because there was a bit of confetti stitching, but the rest of the project was pretty simple.
I didn’t mention in my previous Tigerlily progress posts, but for this project, I was able to use quite a few floss colours from my grandmother’s stash. I used two of the bright oranges, two of the bright greens, and one of the brown/tan colour. So, this project officially has a piece of her in it.
This project was stitched on fabric from Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. The colour was “Seafoam”, 32-ct, Jobelan. The fabric colour doesn’t photograph very well, but it’s more of an Easter/pastel type of green. In the photos, the fabric looks plain. In actuality, the fabric is more true to this:
In any event, it’s gorgeous in person. I will be submitting for framing this weekend. In the meantime, here are some close-up photos of the finished project. Enjoy!