I’m making good on my promise to finally add Dark Wings to my rotation. (Not that I have a rotation, as I don’t like to stitch more than one project at a time.)
I’ve set it aside for too long. I already have three starts on it. You can read about it here.
This will be my fourth start, and I really want this to be the last. I’m determined to finish her as it’s my husband’s one and only request.
I went to Gitta’s during my lunch hour yesterday and I picked up, what I think is, the perfect hand-dyed fabric for her. It’s a bit lighter than how it photographs.
I debated using a different fabric altogether. I was almost positive that it was the same fabric I used for January’s Garnet Fairy. I liked this one too and the clerk thought this fabric complimented the design more than the other, so I chose this.
I opted for 28-ct because if I had chosen a lower count, my fabric would have been larger than I would have liked. I’m going to be stitching this with two threads over one. I’ve also decided to stitch this as half stitches only as opposed to the full stitch. I think a full stitch will be too bulky. Hmm…maybe I can try a patch of full stitches with one thread only and see how that works.
Also, I haven’t decided if I’m going to start from a corner and follow the page numbering system or if I’m going to start in the middle. I really don’t want to grid my fabric. I like to jump into my projects full steam ahead.