Hello readers! I’ve been quietly working away on Holly. Can’t believe a whole week has gone by. I haven’t finished Poppy yet. I just haven’t felt like beading; however, she is almost complete. Maybe I’ll finish her up this weekend. We’ll see how I feel.
Before starting Holly, I pulled out the fabric I had chosen for her and somehow didn’t think it was quite right. I went through my small stash of fabrics and came across another colour I thought would be better suited. I wasn’t 100% convinced, so I decided to do a floss toss. These were my options.
I asked a couple of people for opinions. Maria liked Option B and hubby liked Option B. Option B was the purchase I made specifically for Holly through the fabric viewer. So, I decided to go with my gut, and I went ahead and started stitching on Option B.
I’m happy with my decision and I’m enjoying the look of Holly so far:
As you can see, I’ve made a lot of progress. So far, Holly’s a simple stitch, although I don’t think that will last for very long. I know I’ll slow down a bit once I hit her skirt as it calls for quite a few colour changes.
I ran out of Kreinik, so I haven’t completed her wings. I will have to visit Gitta’s sometime next week during my lunch break.
I am stitching Holly on Hand-Dyed Fabric by Stephanie, hand-dyed, “Spring Breeze” 32-ct Jobelan, 2 over 2.