I picked up both Holly and Poppy at the same time, but I opted to have them featured on separate posts to keep up with the theme of the blog.
I’m very happy with Holly’s outcome. In the last progress post for Holly, I mentioned that I noticed an error after I submitted her for framing. Well, I consulted the chart and as it turns out, I didn’t make an error after all. Wah wah. Oh well, I got her back in one piece, and I love her.
Here she is:
Holly was stitched on Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie, Spring Breeze, 32-ct Jobelan, 2 over 2. Total cost for mats, frame, non-glare glass, and labour is $218.54 (including taxes). I believe the Spring Breeze fabric is no longer in production, as I can’t find it on the fabric viewer.
And now that I’ve delighted you with Holly, please take a look at my pixie wall and tell me what you think:
For the time being, I have no plans to add to this wall. I have two more Muse projects for my Muse wall to be complete. After that, I plan to tackle a couple of larger projects. One being a HAED project, which will be done on my lunch hour due to lighting issues, and the start of a large Mirabilia project. I will most likely start on the mystery gift.
If you’ve been keeping count, you will notice that there are six Pixie projects thus far. A quick mathematical count will reveal that I paid $1,311.24 for mats, framing, and stretching only. Add the cost of the charts, fabrics, and floss–I think it’s safe to say that this display is more likely close to $1,500 in cost. I may have to “up” my contents amounts on my house insurance. 😉