In my last post regarding Dark Wings, I boasted about how I found the best fabric for her. So proud of my choice, I was. Ha ha! Well, I attempted to grid it. I did manage to make a dent in the gridding, but it took WAY TOO LONG. I could not see the end anywhere near. So, I gave up on that. I also gave in and bought a piece of 25-ct magic guide fabric (white), and that is what I’m working on.
To be honest, I was dreading all the confetti stitching, but it hasn’t been that bad…yet. Also, I thought I would work on this project as most stitchers stitch HEAD projects, i.e. row by row, or line by line, block by block. That didn’t happen. I stuck to what I was familiar with (stitching blocks of the same colour) as much as possible and moving in all directions around my stitched areas. Seems to be working well. I will however, complete a page before I move onto the next.
So in four days, here’s what I managed to do. Well, let’s say three days, because I only stitched for about ten minutes the first day.
I started the pattern at the top left corner. The stitched part you see is the shadow underneath the left wing. I’m happy with what I have so far. Can’t wait to see her grow.