Well, It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update for Remembrance. My progress has been so-so. There are periods where I get a lot of stitching done. Then there are periods where I don’t pick it up for about a week or so. When I first started stitching the project, I made great progress while working on the blue (left) portion of the dress. Once I hit the yellow portion, my progress slowed down quite a bit due to colour changes for shading effect. Once I hit the blue on the other (right) side of the dress, my speed picked up again. I’ve been working on the back-stitching as I go along, so I’m not stuck with a lot of it at the end of the project.
Here’s my latest progress pics. I had to re-number them because referring them to days just wasn’t accurate. For this project, I took a lot of pictures and lost track somewhat. Also, there were days where I didn’t feel like taking her out of my Q-snap, so I didn’t snap a picture. The latest photos start at pic 14.
I’m currently working on the wings, and the left wing is about 93% complete. I have a few more stitches to do, and about half the back-stitching to complete. I’ve been working on back-stitching during my lunch hour. I have great lighting at my desk (my whole view is a window the spans the length of the office front). It helps quite a bit while stitching with gold Kreinik. I’m hoping to finish the back-stitching on my wings during this lunch hour. At the very least, I’d like to have it completed by the end of the day. I’d like to start the right wing tomorrow and work on it for the remainder of the weekend. After that, the plan is to stitch the final bird (left side), finish the back-stitching on the dress, bodice, birds/nest, and hair. Once that’s done, I’ll be starting the beading.
I have to admit, I LOVE how she’s turning out. She’s just beautiful.