Dark Wings by Jessica Galbreth
This is my third attempt at starting this project. The first time I tried it, I got this far:
Then the fabric somehow became discoloured. It had a yellow patches/stains on it. I couldn’t figure out what it was or how it even got on the fabric, but I abandoned it for obvious reasons. I couldn’t chance having a stained final product.
I started again on a higher-count piece of fabric. Big mistake. The holes were so tiny, I couldn’t figure out if I was to stitch this one-over-one, one-over-two, or two-over-two. It was so frustrating. Thankfully, I didn’t get very far, so it was easier to start it again.
For my third attempt, I decided to try a lower-count fabric. So far, the stitching’s been easy but I have to admit, I can do without the constant floss/colour change. I understand that this much detail is what makes the final outcome much more awesome, but it does get frustrating at times.
Here’s my progress so far.
I set this project aside to stitch up a birth announcement for my cousin per my aunt’s request. You can see that here.
I think I will finish my Christmas Flourishes before I finish this one, since there’s less work to do on that one. That way, I can clear it from my UFO projects.